The City Museum was set
up in the autumn of 1956, thanks to a group of intellectuals from Husi,
supported by the local authorities. The museum was set up from money
gathered form the "M. Kogalniceanu" High-School (now "Dimitrie
Cantemir") and "Cuza-Voda" High-School and through donations: prof.
Stefan Bujoreanu - archeological collection (vases, tools, and Greek
amphors discovered in Vetrisoaia), antique and medieval coins; prof
Mihai Ciobanu - foreign medieval coins, that circulated through our
teritory (polish, turk, hungarian) and comemorative bronze medals; the
Bishopric of Husi - 2 paintings of Gheorghe Tatarascu, many stamps tied
to the act of Uniting; School nr. 3 - the painting of Mihail
Kogalniceanu painted by C. Angheluta; city Churches - 17 old books from
the XVIIIth century.
At the beginning of the 1958 century the collective scientific committee
of the museum was set up, made of: inv. Gheorghe Melinte, prof. Stefan
Bujoreanu, prof. Mihai Ciobanu, Constantin Enache, Elena Chirica and
Mihai Carausu. The Commitee worked under the helping of prof. univ. Ioan
Gugiuman from the "Al. I. Cuza" University from Iasi, that had a series
of conferences at the Radio Center of Husi on: "The history of Husi",
"D. Cantemir, life and volumes" and so on. A century since the Uniting
was celebrated with a temporary exhibition. At the beginning, the museum
was inside the School Nr. 3, then in a building inside the city, since
1960, in the building of the Bishopric Palace, and since 1983 in the
House "Adam Mitache" situated (today) on General Teleman str. nr.8.
The collections are separated: archeological, history and ethnography.
Until 1979 there was a section for science of nature. The exponents show
the old period of these lands, valuable being the ones regarding the
geto-dacs, discovered at Bunesti-Averesti, through the contribution of
the ex-director od the museum Violeta Venturia Teodoru (Bazarciuc).
The ethnography section lustrates, through objects with special
documentary and artistic value, the gift of the local workers and the
age of old traditional works: agriculture, viticulture, bee growing. Che
casnic industry, textile, richly is represented by materials and fabric
techniques. The museum has also a plastic art exhibition, with works of
Gheorghe Tattarascu, Otto Brice, C. Angheluta, Adina Paula Moscu, Viorel
Husi, and so on. The building in which the museums is currently working
was built at the end of the XIXth century (1880) by Adam Mitache,
ex-prefect of Falciu county (1907), ecliptic style, with many ornaments,
inside and outside, ex-home and administrative palace, noted in the List
of Architectural Monuments in 1992, at position 38 B 0146, severely
affected by the earthquake in 1990 (foundation and suprastructure),
infested with the Merulius Lacrymans mushroom since 1993 (wood, brick
walls, mobile cultural patrimony), closed to visitors.
Today, the museum, that belongs to the local public domain si closed
because of the state of conservation of the monument, without enough
specialty personal (director V. V. Teodoru, killed during the schedule,
in unknown conditions), without security, robbed in the summer of 2001.
Urgent measures for the restoration of the monument and the saving of
collections, irreplaceable proofs of the history of Husi and ex-county